Svigals + Partners, an Architecture + Art, our studio is located in New Haven, CT and is engaged on projects throughout the Northeast.
Svigals + Partners integrate custom sculpture and artwork into our architecture to create environments that are meaningful expressions of each client’s mission. Our vision – what we are working toward everyday – is a world of prosperous, compassionate communities. The places we inhabit can either encourage this growth and sustainability or not. We choose to create environments that give communities a chance to thrive and bring out the best in the people that live, work and play in them.
Our workplace is a tight community in itself. We like to have fun and invite this as much as possible through company outings, group art projects, parties and sometimes just by getting together the office band for a jam session. We gather weekly to discuss our projects and discover solutions together. Our office design guidelines include important reminders such as: all of us are smarter than any ones of us, value the lines that make no sense, you are never as bold as you think, and many more. We like to refer to ourselves as a 30-year start-up, constantly evolving, collaborating and discovering better ways to serve our clients and our community.
Please visit our Culture page for more information about the firm. If you are interested in joining our highly creative and professional team, submit your cover letter and resumé through the form below:
We are looking for a Project Architect with a minimum of 5 years’ experience to lead medium to large scale education projects, including public and private university and K-12. Candidates should have strong design, communication and management skills. The successful candidate will become an integral part of the team, and take a project through all phases of design from space planning to final documents and construction. Presenting design solutions to the client, managing internal and owner budgets, writing and assembling technical specifications will be some of the key responsibilities of this position
- Licensed Architect
- Proven success managing client and project teams
- AutoCAD and Revit experience
Entry Level Architect
The Ideal candidate has 0-5 years of experience with strong design and graphic 3D modeling skills. Candidates should have a strong desire to gain a holistic foundation of the architectural profession, and become registered and grow with the firm. The candidates should be strong in design and be capable of converting conceptual ideas into presentation materials including 3D computer images.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture
- Solid knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- 3D modeling and graphic software such as Rhino and Sketch-up Pro
- Work experience on graphic support for architectural renderings
- Proficient in utilizing Adobe Creative Suite or other similar graphic design programs
CADD/BIM Manager & IT Support
We are looking for someone who is tech savvy and has CADD/BIM experience. This position is responsible for management of our CADD/BIM system and templates, and supports the firm’s architects with Building Information Modeling (BIM) responsibilities. You will also play a strategic role in IT support by troubleshooting IT problems and ensuring that our technology effectively supports our users.
- Technical training and experience in CADD/BIM
- Proficiency in computer software including Revit, AutoCAD, and MS Office is required.
- Previous experience working in an Architectural or Engineering firm utilizing Revit to document and deliver projects. BIM content creation is a plus.
- Manage and continue to develop BIM workflow, standards, and templates.
- Research & evaluate BIM and other technology innovations.
- Strong hardware and software support skills to perform troubleshooting as well as routine maintenance and upgrading.
- Ability to address network connectivity issues, user account setup, and administration.
- Experience working with outside IT support to address higher end network and workstation issues.
- Willingness to learn new roles and take on additional responsibilities.
- Self-starter who works well independently or as part of a team.